Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We Don't Need More Cowbell; We Need More Poppyseed!

Thoughts on the poppy seed:


1. My daughters are making fun of me because I had 4 bottles of Brianna's poppy seed dressing in the fridge, all in various stages of emptiness. They are claiming I have an opiate addiction. Not true. Sometimes I just forget to check before I buy another bottle, that's all. I am, however, addicted to the apple salad on which I pour the dressing,which necessitates a LOT of poppy seed in my fridge. Unfortunate side effect not usually associated with drug use: seeds in teeth. Floss is my new best friend.

Salad:

Whatever greens you prefer, add chopped green onion, chopped Gala apple, feta cheese, pecans or walnuts and THE SEED.

2. I joined the "Brianna's Poppy Seed" Group on Facebook. That means I'm not the only one who REALLY likes it. Kinda scary.

3. The seed, in fact, CAN cause you to fail a drug test, otherwise known as a "wiz quiz." I just hope that my employer, a youth ministry, does not start drug testing soon because I'll be in big trouble.

Maybe it's time for an intervention ... after this next bowl of salad.

What are YOU into these days?

PS: Poppyseed or poppy seed--who can say? It's all over the place spelled every which way--another sign of language debasement in our moderne world. Tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment