Saturday, June 19, 2010

Park Avenue!

I've prolly mentioned before that I've been part of a group of dear friends called The Good Guys (yup, we came about when a women's club split into three factions, i.e., The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly) for about twenty-five years.  And since becoming a quilter, I've made a quilt (or two) for each of the women.  Except one.  And this is the year for Elaine's. 

She and Herb got married in January and are moving to a new home next month.  The time is right for her quilt.  Ever since the wedding, I've had in my mind an image of the kind of fabric I wanted for Elaine's quilt.  I knew what I wanted but didn't see it in the stores, on the net, or in the catalogs.

Until Thursday night.

And that's when the Fat Quarter Shop posted a link on Facebook to "Park Avenue" by Three Sisters for Moda.

Not only will Herb and Elaine like it, but I love it, too.  I can't wait to get my hands on some!

I dare not get it until I've decided what quilt to make.  I'm thinking of the size that gets folded on the back of the couch or at the foot of the bed, to be pulled up for a Sunday afternoon nap.

Could be stars.  Could be -- well, you knew this was coming -- baskets.  Don't know yet.

Part of the joy of this weekend will be to ponder this problem and consider solutions.  Would love to hear your ideas, too.  And, of course, I'm sitting here grinning as I wonder when Nicole is going to discover this line!  Because I'll want to get mine before she buys it all up!


No comments:

Post a Comment