Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Need Advice On Laundry Room Decor, No Quilts or Chickens, Please

This morning I spent a bit of time (like, 15 years or so) scraping a wallpaper border off of my laundry room walls which I applied about 8 years ago when we first built our addition.

I remember that I had this whole 'nother house built (we doubled the square footage) and ready to move into but had nothing for walls or furniture. So I think I bought this border for about $5 and stuck it up in about 10 minutes. It's supposed to be some kind of quilt design, which is fine if you like quilts, but I didn't necessarily like quilts; I liked $5. Hindsight: a bare wall would've been fine for a while.



Yes, those are decoupaged chickens on my ironing board door because I owned backyard chickens at the time. Here I am owning a chicken because I know you think I make this stuff up:



I also know that you were just about to suggest a quilt and chicken motif, but sorry, been there, done that. Anyway, here's what I'm working with now. It's kind of ... neutral.



Therefore, I am ready for vivid color. Here are a few pictures I "borrowed" today to offer to you to help me choose a color scheme. Tell me what you think:

1. You know I have a fondness for Frenchie Damask stuff.


2. I like this, but not the doors.


3. Wowsers.


4. I like this, but I wouldn't have that same floor or those pics of someone else's sons on my wall, of course.


5. This is reminiscent of black and white stripe, of which I am fond.


6. And I am really liking this color.



So what do you think? Remember the room is very small for vivid color, but I'm still going for it.

Now, please take the redecorating questionnaire:

1. Is it OK that the color scheme does not match any of the rest of my house (autumnal colors and black) if no one ever sees this room but Zoe and me?
2. From the content of my blog (not necessarily the current color scheme) what color would you say best describes me? Why? Keep in mind that "chicken" is not a color.
3. Do you like Rupert Everett better before surgery and all wrinkly, or after?

No comments:

Post a Comment