Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Junk projects. 1 down...99 to go!



Yes those are just numbers. I could have just as easily said 1,000 to go because around my house there are so many projects I will probably NEVER get them all done! I thought perhaps that if I made a point to share with you and do somewhat of a countdown...maybe that would get me moving. You know...OFF THE COUCH. Of course I will draw the line at a few things...like the American Idol tryouts (*pants on the ground!*) and a few other select shows. Anywho, I'll try to keep those projects coming, and when I slack I'll share a "past" project or two, or three. Hey, my rules!
I've shown you these sexy lady wire dressforms before. I sold a few at JunkFest 2009 and filled a request for another after, for a display chalkboard for a jewelry designer and metalsmith. (check out Tamra's link on the sidebar!) Since then, I've completed two more, one as a gift for my son's sweet girlfriend, and one for ME!

I got the wire forms at an auction, cheap cheap!! (see the black screen door in that pic below? that baby is one of the next projects I'll post!)
Added 3/8" finished plywood, painted with chalkboard paint.


Of course it took the longest to get MINE done, but here she is...in my GirlCave!Here's a TIP for getting a nice result when writing on a chalkboard...quickly run the tip of your chalk through running water. Don't saturate it, just a tinkle will do. As you start to write it will look like no chalk is going on your board at all...give it a few seconds and as it dries...you'll love how it looks!!

Linky, linky, check out the linky! ...

Beyond the Picket Fence

Funky Junk Interiors

No comments:

Post a Comment