Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's the Official First Random Dozen of 2010





1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?



It turns out, not so much. Or I'm completely oblivious to my own complaining. I haven't had to switch the bracelet that much. I did get all bent out of shape in a return line at Old Navy yesterday, but no one could tell but me and God. BUT--and this is crucial--I DID say, "What are you doing?" to myself in an accusatory tone, and then I stopped. So on a scale from 1-10, I'm giving myself four stars.



2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?



Honestly, I spend a lot of my listening time trying to 1) hear correctly (I have had my hearing tested). 2) comprehend what the person is saying, because I don't have the same kind of intuition that most women have. So don't insinuate things to me because I might nod my head but not have a clue. And then I'll have to play catch up while you're talking.



3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?



I just cleaned out my files at work; that felt good. But I have no plans for home clean sweeping as yet. I would like to garage to be magically clean, though.



And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!



4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?



Well, I've almost given up on scents. The older I get, the more sensitive I get to fumes, both "per" and non "per," as in diesel. However, I do like to smell coconut, and I have a shower foam right now from Bath and Body Works that I enjoy.



5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?



Don't have your adult children come home to roost.



6. What is your favorite comic strip?



Well, Garfield for personal reasons (someone near and dear to me is an employee of the real actual Garfield in human form). But, back in the 80s I loved Bloom County.



7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?



Fluffy. Cold side only, please.



8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?



Well, my blogger friends helped choose my wallpaper. The kitchen is black and white with a touch of spring green and red. Wowsers.



9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?



I kept a picture of it for a long time because I was going to do a post about it, but I never got around to it. I was jogging through a parking lot and saw a car window sticker that encouraged the reader to vote for a specific candidate. Problem was, the owner had put it on backwards, so that passersby couldn't read it. Only the people in the car could read it quickly. So maybe he just needed a constant reminder of who he intended to vote for.



10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)



Papermate. Just like this one and not because I'm cheap but because of the way it fits my hand and how smooth it is on the outside and how smoothly it writes.







11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?



Seriously, I like to vacuum. That's it, though. It's the ooooonly one.



12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?



I imagined a low rumble starting across bloggyland as readers digested this question. We're all rolling our eyes, right?



OK:



1. "Don't go outside with wet hair or let your feet get cold; you will catch a head cold."

2. "Be careful." This is definitely the most oft-repeated phrase from both of my parents. They still call it out as I'm leaving their house. I live across a small town, so there's lots of opportunity for a 47 year-old woman like me to get into all kinds of trouble on the way home, especially if she stops for eggs and bread at that juke joint they call Wowmart.



OK, let's see whatcha got!









No comments:

Post a Comment