Friday, January 14, 2011

Jungle Song

I don't know whether "Jungle Song" was Laurel Burch's first fabric line or not.  I do know that the minute I laid eyes on it I wanted to play with it, to sew on it.

Golly, this must have been eight [or more] years ago!

I organized a block swap and had many eager participants.  I've made and given away two quilts from that swap's yield and last night I took the last eight blocks, made one more, and started putting them together.  I'm going to need a quilt for a baby boy in a couple of months, courtesy of my great-nephew and his wife.  The snakes will be the border.

There are still several FQs and half-yards of fabric left!  I'm pretty dazzled by the "Irish Chain" in Emily Cier's book "Quilt Remix," and am thinking I might give it a try.  Using these Jungle Song left-overs.  Wouldn't that be wild?


No comments:

Post a Comment