Thursday, January 27, 2011

16 Inches Calls for a Treat

We were blessed by getting the phone call last night instead of being awakened at 5:30 this morning.  School was closed!  The Facebook crowd had been going wild with anticipation and being the first to get the call, I had the delightful privilege of sharing the news through that medium.  The music teacher who had choreographed the virtual snow dance was applauded, and my name was actually chanted!  I guess adults everywhere revert to being about eight when this kind of thing happens.

6:00 came and went and I was blissfully oblivious until Blackberry mentioned at 8:15 that it had been a while, now, hadn't it?  Joe got up and I languished for another half hour and then arose.  Soon after, Bb was sent in with snowballs clinging to his armpits, and Joe continued work with the snow blower.

I thought he should have a special treat to reward his exertions and made a batch of banana butterscotch sticky buns, something I've not made in at least a dozen years.  (They are still very, very good.)  Just as I took them out of the oven, the doorbell rang -- it was Joe carrying a couple of scrambled egg and turkey bacon on challah sandwiches from our nextdoor neighbor whose walkway he'd been attacking.  I sent him back with a couple of the buns.

Got the makings of a glorious day here, in gorgeous, snow-covered Near Philadelphia.


No comments:

Post a Comment