Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Andrea's wheel platters...

Linking up to Becky's under $100 Linky party over at
* * *
Here's a quick and super easy project for all you wheel lovers out there (and you know who you are!) Wheels are indeed one of my favorite junk items, so I decided why not use them in some fun, resourceful way? Since I love to cook and entertain, this idea came to me over New Year's when I realized I could really use more serving pieces.
Here's the low down on my wheel platters...
First, start with a great old wheel from a child's bike, a tire from a wagon, tricycle, etc...
Dab on a little Gorilla super glue - the stuff is awesome and I use it for a million things. It dries clear too, so that's a plus.
Center your plate (I chose clear glass because I still want to see the wheel through the plate), and press down for a minute or so until the glue dries.

There you have it. Told you it was easy! I am SO loving how these turned out!

Hope you're having a funky junk-filled kind of week!

No comments:

Post a Comment