Saturday, January 22, 2011

How to Make a Pretzel

Pirouette
A couple weeks ago I was initiated into the world of wrestling. I had never been to a match. (Well, there was that one time in 7th grade when I went with a friend to see that one boy I really liked a whole, whole lot.) Sometimes I get to go with my other photo pals to high school sporting events & take pictures for the newspaper. (I even have a handy dandy media pass with my dorky picture on it. Sweet, huh?) Mostly I photograph for myself. Getting some practice in & all. It's good fun! As a result of previous photo sporting escapades, I learned to appreciate & enjoy the game of football. And now, wrestling is fighting its way into my heart.

These boys of wrestling MUST love what they do. Not only because they have to wear those awesomely awkward onesies, but they get chased & choked & twisted & bent for several minutes at a time. And they KEEP coming back for more!
Of course, the creative me LOVES the choreography of it all. The improvisation: there is no script. Only funny outfits & a tussle, centerstage.
And my artsy brain oohs & aahs at the angles, the lines, the silhouette, the arrangement. I could literally stare for hours at the photos of faces in agony, the way the limbs bend backward in ways they weren't meant to. It's fascinating.
And, so, I'll share...

Feetsies

How to Make a Pretzel

Refuse to Lose


Still, I'm Refusing to Lose

Painful Embrace

Choking 101

No comments:

Post a Comment