Monday, November 21, 2011

Week in Review: November 14-20

I feel like last week was jam packed full of "firsts".
First time playing with air dry clay.
First time making cabbage burgers.
First time having egg nog {in forevers}.
First time the Mr. & I had a night apart from the girls since we moved to Nebraska 2 years ago.
First time I've ever kept pheasant feet in my fridge.
First time I ate a Mickey D's pumpkin pie.
First time this chilly season that I've gotten a sniffly-sneezy cold.
First time I've ever won a scarecrow-makin' contest.
First time I've ever eaten a candy cane before Thanksgiving.
(Just to name a few.)

It's so close to Thanksgiving & the fam & I still have no idea of our plans.
I'm really wanting to make a traditional meal with the turkey & all the fixings. (For the first time EVER.) But then I get scared.
But then I get un-scared because I'm pretty sure it'll just be a tiny gathering.
And how hard could that be?
But then there's an afternoon Turkey Day Buffet taking place at a local restaurant & I'm sure that'd be just as tasty. (And stressless & messless.)
And then I keep thinking how the holidays are approaching very quickly. And I just wish I were sitting 'round the table at my mom's house with my sister & brother & grandma & parents & nieces & nephew, enjoying our usual Thanksgiving eats. Mom made the turkey, my sis-in-law made the pies, & all I had to do was fill celery with flavored cheeses.
*sigh*

Click HERE for a photo play-by-play.

No comments:

Post a Comment