Friday, November 25, 2011

My First Thanksgiving


Ok, so not my first Thanksgiving. But the first one I ever had to cook alone. And I didn't even HAVE to cook it. The Mr. wanted to eat Chinese, or Mexican or macaroni & cheese or something like that. But I wanted to cook. I wanted to give it a try.

Though I wasn't confident enough to cook a real turkey for the first time, I did make green bean casserole, & twice backed potato casserole, & yams with those yummy marshmallows atop, & rolls, & stuffing, & platters of olives, stuffed celery, cheeses, crackers & veggies, & pumpkin pies. And there was a thick slab of pre-cooked ham present & a Jennie-O turkey breast. The turkey breast was really disappointing. Not that I was totally surprised at that. Next time I've just gotta take on the turkey too!

I'm sorry to turn this into one of those horribly boring family albums that you're being forced to sit through. I just can't help myself. Not that this event was anything extravagant. Because, it wasn't. But it was super special to me.


While the potatoes were simmering for 20 minutes for the casserole, I even made these finger-knitted  napkin holders. With time to spare!







For dessert, we munched on pumpkin pie. I made a few "cupcake-style" mini pumpkin pies for the girls with some leftover dough & pie filling. And I even made a teeny-tiny American girl doll sized one.

And now my fridge is super happy!!
 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment