Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hello Winter!

According to the calendar, winter is here! The Thanksgiving leftovers are gone, and the shopping and decorating are well under way for many. How about you? Have you started?




I'm s l o w l y getting there. Had to have a little chat with myself about my Christmas decorations.....not buying anything new this year. It's so tempting. There's always something new and shiny that catches my eye! I'm easily distracted like that. So, I reluctantly agreed with me. Nothing. new. this. year.







But then.....I saw it. It may not have been shiny, but it caught my eye.


It's not very big. And didn't cost very much. So I broke my own agreement.










Can you tell what it is?













All fluffy and white....just like our ND winters....










No. That's our dog Mollie. That's not it.






This is it! An adorable little feathery white tree! Table top size.....can you see it in a white iron urn? With some white lights, and maybe some silvery or frosty ornaments? Which I won't have to buy because I already have some!





Ok, I caved. But for $2.49, I HAD to buy it. It's just what I needed to get myself going....just in time for winter!


Tell me, do you buy something new each year? Do you stick with a theme for Christmas decor? Are you traditional? Rustic? Junky? Do tell~









No comments:

Post a Comment