Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankfulness: Day #25

I'm thankful for...
...a chance at getting to meet new family.

Because, really, I always wondered about them. I didn't wonder to the point of actually making a true effort at finding them though. I was intimidated by the thought of it all. Not sure I wanted to open that door. (It's a big door to open.) But when my sister discovered me via facebook, then I guessed that it was supposed to happen one way or another. Meeting my family last Christmas in Seattle was so thrilling!
And, having a visit from my birth father last month was really neat.
Although I am not the best at keeping up with communicating with my newly found father, & I'm sure he thinks I'm not interested in a relationship, I'm happy inside, though tentative & nervous at the same time. Don't know why, just am.
But either way, I'm thankful to have another part of the "Nikki mystery" solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment