Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness: Day #23

I'm thankful for...
...Zoey & Pazely's teachers.

Every year, I like to gift their teachers. Specifically at holidays. Or on the first day of fall (which really should be a holiday.) Or when the girls & I have made something new & we want to share it. And it's not to gain brownie points or get my kid on the 'teacher's pet' list.
It's because I'm grateful. For nearly 7 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week, I hand my girls over to teachers, & trust that my munchkins will learn. Teachers are helping to grow knowledge & endow wisdom in those little brains. Teachers are even sometimes the disciplinarian that some of their student's parents fail to be. Teachers train your kids to do their best, to make good with what they have. Teachers help children discover their talents. Teachers help grow those little people into responsible adults. Teachers help to affirm the things I already knew about my children & give me insight about the things I was unaware.

I mean, really....pumpkin butter?
It's the least I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment