Monday, December 20, 2010

Vintage dessert cups on a tray

This year JunkFest was a huge success, in large part due to our wonderful flea market vendors. I managed to sneak away during the sale in our building to check out the MANY vendors overflowing the fairgrounds. I was just thrilled to find seven of these vintage dessert cups and wanted to share my find with you today. Aren't they pretty?

The cups are two pieces. I was told by the vendor the base is to be placed in the freezer so on hot summer days the ice cream won't melt as quickly. I love that!


So charming, don't you think?

I also found this drawer front, but not sure what it came off of. When I was digging though my stash while decorating for Christmas, I was stoked to see the numbers on the drawer were a "25". I hadn't remembered that! How perfect to use during Christmas in some way?!

(I also love the cool hinges).

I decided the drawer would be a neat "tray" for the dessert cups. I think I will fill them with a couple different dips or small cheese balls. My JunkFest buddies will be over soon for a little Christmas cheer...wonder what they'll think of my new "tray" and cups?

I can always cover up the "25" with some cute scrap booking paper when used for other occasions, right?


Hope you all have a nice week; attending lots of parties and are all ready for the Christmas Holiday! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment