Sunday, December 19, 2010

Come on baby fix my tire

(the title of this post should be sung to the tune of "Come on Baby Light My Fire" by The Doors)


So, we're traveling. And it's snowy. And the roads are a mess. And we glided & spun & flipped around & slid off the road, almost rolling the vehicle. But a clump of trees caught us, as we slammed into them, puncturing our tire. Like, major loud-hissing-losing-air-fast puncture. We are all ok. Still a little shook up. And stressed from driving in crazy weather. We just want to get to Washington. I just want to get home. To my mommy.

I've been posting our status on facebook. I LOVE, lurve, luv, facebook! It's been so nice for my fam & friends to keep tabs on us while we're on the road.
Do you know how awesome it feels to know we're covered & smothered in prayer? ( Just like Denny's omelets. But with less cheese.) Thanks for that.
And thanks to the trucker who stopped right away to help push us out & direct us to safety.
And thanks to the people who tried helping my hubby change the tire. And thanks to a man named Riley, who offered my cold & wet hubby a towel & his sweatpants.
3 cheers for stranger angels!!

We had to wait until this morning to get a new tire. But Walmart did the job. And now we are on the road-- on our final stretch of 457 miles.

Happy to be safe. Happy for amazing friends & family. And still...happy for adventure.





- Posted using BlogPress Fromm the r my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment