Monday, March 22, 2010

Time for Spring Crafts....

Hi Show Me St. Louis viewers!!

I can't believe we're officially into Spring! It seems like just yesterday I was on the show sharing the Valentine crafts!lol

I hope you liked all the spring crafts today!

I had some really great sponsors for today's show...if you'll allow me to please thank Making Memories for sending me their Flutter Collection! Crafts Secrets (which you will see again!) for sending me their beautiful Spring/Easter Vintage products and also My Cute Stamps! I'll be using these again too!

All this week I will share crafts shown on today's show all leading up to the cool project I have in this coming weekend's Post Dispatch. You viewers saw a peek of it today on the show. I'll share all the photos and projects details on the Spring Flower Topiary this coming Saturday!However to get you started here is the Spring Joy Wall Sign!







Supplies:
Crafty Secrets Easter Cotton Scraps (available at www.craftysectrets.com)
October Road Paper & Diecut Border
Jillibean Soup Paper
Sassafras Lass Diecut Border
Doodlebug Glitter Paper
Making Memories Spring Fling Diecuts & Velvet Brad
Kaiser Craft Pearls
EK Success Butterfly Punch
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro Adhesive & Ribbon Adhesive
Colorbox Chalk Inks (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares
Wall Plaque or Sign (thick chipboard or cardboard or a canvas are all great options!)


1) Select the papers you like for the background of the sign. I chose papers that coordinated with the Craft Secrets chick. Cut the background papers to fit and adhere to sign

2) Add the diecut borders after you have inked the edges. Next cut out the cotton chick. Hand fray the edges and ink the edges.

3) Using various flower and spring diecuts, layer then to create a spring flower. Use foam squares to elevate and give a bit of height on the sign. Cut a length of ribbon. Add ribbon adhesive to sign then loop ribbon to form flower stem and leaves.

4) Using the butterfly punch, punch out the glitter butterfly. Give it a slight fold in the middle. Add pearls to antenna. Use foam adhesive under butterfly and add to sign.


And I wanted to share a note....my kids were all off last week for Spring Break and I promised them a movie. I was hoping there was something decent to take them too that the $40 in ticket costs would not feel like I threw the money out the window.

So let me just say a sincere thank you to the makers of Diary of a Wimpy Kid!!!

THANK YOU!!!


Thank you for allowing me to take my three kids...ages 9-14 and there 3 friends to a movie that everyone of us enjoyed! Now there were a few parts maybe they could of sped up...the Halloween thing...however between myself and the Mom in front of me...we were competing on who laughed the most. Seriously...if I could...I'd go right back and see it again today. It was that enjoyable, fun, cute...yes...cute..it was cute..sorry! So for my movie fans who read my silly little movie reviews...I give it a A!!! Yep....an A. Not many movies get that grade! So thank you....thanks for also not making me feel like I wasted my money on yet another movie...(cough Ice Age 3 cough!)

Thanks so much for tuning in today...

Be sure to visit tomorrow....I'll share the decoupaged eggs and basket!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment