Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Answer the Random


1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?

Well, I think they're cute, of course, since I like chicks, but I'd rather squoosh them a la Lennie in Of Mice and Men than eat them.

2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?

I daydream (escape) or I rock slightly. I know. That's weird. The other day I was rocking gently (not like a maniac) in the computer chair and Kristin said to me as she passed by, "You look like you're insane." Thank you, sweet daughter. I also pray and either talk excessively or completely shut down. Boatload o' nervous fun here!

3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?

No, I do not like rain or mushy Spring. I only like Spring when it's basically summer. I feel bad to say I don't like Spring. That's like saying, "I don't care to see life rejuvenated or babies or budding flowers." What kind of rocking maniac talks like that? But I do not like rain and mud.

4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?

Judge Judy.



Or maybe Alan Alda, only before he went to work in the coal mines.



Just kidding.

I suppose if it could only be one face, I'd have to choose my dog, Zoe, because I have three kids and could not choose one over the other.

5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?

I have a long, long nose that has been broken probably twice, the doc says. The LAST thing I have ever wanted to do is draw attention to my nose. And any person with allergies would never get a nose piercing. So: Tattoo.

6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?

We'll go to church, and then I'll fix an Easter dinner. Last year was the first year I did not do baskets for my kids, who were 22, 20 and 16 at the time. Now I kind of regret it. So the other day, I bought them all one little candy thing.

7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?

I got into a Facebook-wars fight with a high school friend over this. I choose Reese.

8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?

Ritz Face

9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?

90 Minutes In Heaven, by Don Piper. I'm getting ready to read Heaven by Randy Alcorn.

10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?

Windows. And when we built on to our house, I decided it would be great to have a vaulted ceiling and decorative windows up high. I don't think they've been cleaned since 2001.

11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?

The regular old ones? None. All of mine have some kind fancy to them, like beads or kitten heels or braided straps, etc. My girls, on the other hand, own oodles of Old Navy solid color rubber ones. So if I need a pair like that, I just steal them; it's one of the greatest rewards for raising your kids to a certain age.

12. Which color makes you happiest?

Right now, pink, but that is because it's Easter week. I'm enjoying a certain pink hyacinth very much right now, sight and scent.

But I'm really not much of a pink person. Next week it will probably be red and yellow, as in tulips. In fact, this picture is making me almost too happy:



Thanks for playing this week! Be sure to hop on over like a good little bunny to Mocha With Linda for her prompt for tomorrow's Flashback Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment