Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Random



1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

I recently did a purge, so I think the oldest pair is maybe less than 5 years, and I will probably get rid of more soon. 'Cause I'm all about the gentrification of my closet.

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

Oh baby. Do-Si-Dos and Samoas. I gave the Samoas away, and I ate 3/4 of the entire Do-Si-Do box. I was out of control at my desk. I told Jorge I felt like a bear tearing into a honeycomb. It's good that I can't smell as well as a bear, i.e., smell the cookies near the Scouts themselves, or I would probably gobble up a Scout and her mom at the grocery entrance where they have their table set up.

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?

No, and no. That was easy.

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?

Oh, very. My parents should have foregone the usual admonitions and encouraged me to break rules and slack off. Rule-follower all the way. Authority-pleaser. Now? Not so much. Mid-life has changed me. Sometimes I don't even make the bed before I go to work. (Only on my early days, however. The other days, I'm under strict orders from myself to make that bed.)

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

I saw "Up" and "Up in the Air." I liked the second one better. No, I have not seen "Blindside" and have no desire to. I don't like "feel-good" movies.

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

Neither bothers me. But I would gladly take a little pain to spare my kids that little pain.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

Friday, because it holds so much promise. Monday is second, because routine is comforting.

8. Do you miss anyone right now?

Yes.

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?

No. I probably could have worked in the medical field if I didn't have to deal with unhygienic people. The other stuff doesn't bother me. I love to watch operations on TV.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.

How did you know I was responsible before I told you??
I like B. Moss, New York & Co., & shoe stores. Handbags, shoes and blouses are my weaknesses. Household goods or books are nice, but if I had to choose, I'd choose clothing.


11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

Not so much. I do like Pantene's clarifying shampoo and Dove soap, which I've been using my whole life.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?

I have trouble (as apparently many of you do) with eye contact. Sometimes when I'm talking, I have to look away to collect my thoughts, and then I can look back at you. So to the question: I think it's more difficult to look into someone's eyes when I am telling him/her how I feel.

Hope you enjoyed the Plinko this week. Be sure to visit Mocha With Linda today for the kick off of a brand new meme!


No comments:

Post a Comment