Friday, March 19, 2010

Hence...from this Day Forward...




...food will no longer be prepared on THIS stove. Oh, I know. That rule will only last until "they" get hungry. But you see, I've finally made a few visual enhancements to the area. Finally!



The first thing I did was repaint the backsplash towards the sink a lighter, almost coconut color. I loved the butterscotch I had previously put there, but seriously, the coconut went better with the chocolate wall and soffit. I love that my walls look like desert a collection of some of my favorite colors. Then added a couple of those plastic faux tin tiles, from a home store, behind the stove. They're awesome...might pick up a few more and do the rest of the backsplash.

Then I added some "L" brackets behind the stove. This is because my counters are extra deep, causing the stove to be over 3 inches away from the wall. The "L" brackets are for a special metal pan I picked up at Second Hand Rose in MN. It was intended for seasonings...but when I saw how nicely this was coming together I grabbed a few of my sweet ironstone milk pitchers and put them in the pan.


Now who would want splattered spaghetti sauce on that?! No. More. Cooking.



Did part of this post

sound like desert?



Linked to:
Cottage Instincts
BNOTP-Met Monday

The DIY Showoff

SNS #28

No comments:

Post a Comment