Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Butterfly Wreath

Hi!

I'm continuing on with Easter crafts! This craft while perfect for Easter...doubles as just a sweet Spring decoration for your home!

And this was not shown on Show Me St. Louis. I kind of thought we had enough items for the table so this is new!

And a great craft for kids to help you with as mine did while they were on Spring Break!lol










Supplies:

Bo Bunny Buttercup, Sunflower, Ocean, Island Mist, Kiwi, Wasabi, Blush, Flamingo and Tutu Double Dot Cardstock
Bo Bunny Mint Green 5/8" Double Dot Ribbon
Bo Bunny My Oh My, Butterfly Dreams, Gypsy, Flower Child iCandy Jewels
Making Memories Slice Diecut Machine & Spring Cartridge
EK Success Butterfly Punch
Stryofoam Round Wreath
Sheer Organza Wide Ribbon
Pink Pearl Straight Pins
Martha Stewart Glittering Glue & Course Glitter
Colorbox Chalk Inks



My kids were all on spring break and needed something to keep them busy on a rainy day. Since they wanted to help me I worked out a craft that would let them help. My daughter used my diecut machine for the larger butterflies and my younger son punched the small butterfly out with my hand punches. They both helped form and shape the butterflies. We ribbon wrapped a styrofoam round wreath and then pinned the butterflies around. I then added iCandy Jewels and glitter!


1) Diecut the 3 sizes of butterflies. Use your punch for smaller butterfly shapes.

2) Ink the edges of the paper and give them a slight fold in the center.

3) Ribbon wrap the wreath with your choice of ribbon.

4) Pin the butterflies orn (or hot glue) layering and folding them for dimension.

5) Fill in gaps with smaller butterflies and some pins.

6) Use glittering glue and add glitter to wings. (you can do this prior to pinning or after..)

7) Add decorative jewels.

8) Pin a ribbon on the backside for hanging.



This is an easy to make great craft that is perfect for spring!!

Enjoy!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment