Wednesday, February 4, 2009

14 Things I Love About You Challenge


is up over at the Bo Bunny blog. I have to say..it's one of my favorite posts...favorites! Maybe because it's the time of the year we tend to work more with the Valentine/love themed collections. Colors of pinks and reds just make me smile! Or maybe because of this guy...he definitely makes it easy to list 14 things I love about him.
Now don't get me wrong....there are many a day I can think of 14 things he does that drives me crazy that I DON'T love about him...but not today.
Today..it's all good...he's the bees knees and quite dishy to me!
And speaking of things that are brilliant..I have to share. Yesterday Miss Misty and I were talking about our love of all things British. And that we both want, desire to be a brit..talk like a brit..all that.
So I found the most brilliant site that gives all the oh so fun words and offers up a translation for us dim American's.
Here's some of my favorite PG rated ones:
Easy Peasy - A childish term for something very easy. You might say it's a snap. (we say this alot already only we had lemon squeezy...oh so fun!)
Dodgy - If someone or something is a bit dodgy, it is not to be trusted. Dodgy food should be thrown away at home, or sent back in a restaurant. Dodgy people are best avoided. You never know what they are up to. Dodgy goods may have been nicked.
Fortnight - Two weeks. Comes from an abbreviation of "fourteen nights". Hence terms like "I'm off for a fortnights holiday" meaning "I am going on a two week vacation". (a vacation for a fortnight sounds downright "ace" about right now!)
Bloody - One of the most useful swear words in English. Mostly used as an exclamation of surprise i.e. "bloody hell" or "bloody nora". Something may be "bloody marvellous" or "bloody awful". It is also used to emphasise almost anything, "you're bloody mad", "not bloody likely" and can also be used in the middle of other words to emphasise them. E.g. "Abso-bloody-lutely"! Americans should avoid saying "bloody" as they sound silly.
Fancy - If you fancy something then it means you desire it. There are two basic forms in common use - food and people. If you fancy a cake for example it means you like the look of it and you want to eat it. If you see someone of (hopefully) the opposite sex then you might fancy them if you liked the look of them and wanted to get to know them a little better!!!
Lovely isn't it all...I think it's brilliant...and this begins part one of our British terms lesson...do pop back in for more! And mind the gap!
Cheerio for now....
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment