Monday, July 28, 2008

Crate Paper & Good Friends

For this month's assignment at ScrapJazz I chose to work with Crate Paper products. I'll admit..I love Crate Paper. Some of my favorite layouts are ones that use their products. I've been secretly hoarding their Zoom line. Waiting to make a layout about Parker and his crazy love for trains.

I finally gave in and used some of the papers and the adorable rubons..here's that layout:




I kept the layout clean lined, simple..I felt it worked right with the train theme. I found these cute little foil star stickers in the Dollar Bin at Target. I knew that I would get some use out of them..and they worked perfectly on here. I added a brad to the center for a bit of dimension.

I also worked with their new line..Sweet Branch. I fully expected to work on a layout with photos of the kids. However when I sat down and went through my pictures..I realized these pictures we took on a night out of ourselves and our best friends..would work perfectly. The pictures were a bit too bright but I changed the saturation and brightness in PSE to make them softer to work with the papers. I think it's one of my favorite layouts yet!





There lots of little details. The cutout is popped up and some of the flowers are too. I mixed in some of the new Making Memories Noteworthy felt flowers too! I added little touches of the Gunmetal Stickles to the diecuts and on the flower diecut. The "good times" is from K & Company. Love that!

Last a card using the Sweet Branch line and their new rubons that are beautiful!




I folded and scrunched up the dotted paper and adhered that. The diecut flower I layered onto the Giga Scalloped circle. Inked the edges with Colorbox chalks inks and once again added little spots of the Gunmetal Stickles on the flower and the "thanks" rubon.

Last be sure to check out my birthday post and project at The Pursuit of Craftyness Blog! http://pursuitofcraftyness.blogspot.com/

That's it for me for a bit..I've leaving on a jet plane in 2 sleeps! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment