Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Making Memories & 5th Avenue

I'm sitting here wondering how on earth to express just how excited I am to once again be back on the Making Memories blog today! Jenny was so sweet and asked if I would like to make a layout using their new 5th Avenue line. I of course said yes!

When I opened the box and saw that the papers had flocking and glossy accents I was truly in awe. However I then saw papers that had beautiful flower cutouts and they got me..hook line and sinker! So here's some more items I made..because who can ever just stop at one layout!LOL (and if you like to see things bigger..you can click on all the images to enlarge..just use your back arrow to come back to this page.)


Adore Card




For this card I layered all the flower diecuts onto one another and popped them up with a foam square for added dimension. Added the beautiful matching brad and the "I Adore You" cardstock sticker for a card that would even be great for Valentine's Day for a new color twist.


Hi Card
This card was inspired by a fantastic card sketch at the Card Positioning Systems Blog http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/. It was card sketch #45 that caught my eye for this one!

This card as you can see uses the amazing glossy patterned paper. It's beautiful! I cut a strip of it and the blue polka dot and sewed a crazy, wavy stitch.(well that's how it turned out!LOL) and added the ribbon, diecut tag and chipboard alphabet.

And you know I just couldn't stop still. This paper seems to go with everything around me..and including me. Rarely do I find myself the topic of my layouts. I fuss over what I look like, did my face look fat, how many chins do I have and pick myself apart to the point I move on to a layout about the kids instead!LOL But this time I decided I should just use the pictures.

Be Yourself Always


For this layout I used the paper with the beautiful flower cutouts.It's absolutely amazing! I layered the diecut flowers, hand cut out the flocked leaves, popped up the larger flowers and finished off with rhinestones. I staggered the tags under the ribbon and created a unique title using the diecuts.


And last I do want to show this layout again of me and my sweetie! Just to say that you can find inspiration everywhere. If you noticed the song on my blog, Bubbly by Colbie Caillat..you'll soon realize that the lyrics..You Make My Smile..were the inspiration for this layout! I now seem to hum this song everyday...LOL




I want to once again thank Jenny and Making Memories for making my new year truly start off with a bang. And to show my appreciation..I'd like to offer up a fun scrapbook goodie or two. So if you would..please leave a comment..perhaps about the MM 5th Avenue line, or your thoughts on that cute Bubbly song. But drop me a comment and come Friday I'll pick a name or two to receive some scrapbook goodies!

Happy Wednesday,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment