Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Self-Portrait Challenge ~ What I Wear

I'm really excited about this month's SPC: what I wear. Hopefully it will inspire me to make progress on my apparently never-ending project of renovating my wardrobe. In the past few months I've finally been making some real progress. This is one of my "Jamie is ready for anything" outfits. (Hmm, isn't that funny. Yesterday I wrote about my common negative self-talk being "Jamie, you're not ready.") In this outfit I feel that I can meet with a client, run a workshop, go for coffee or out for drinks. I could also sit on the floor or sit cross-legged at my desk (though I might slip the boots off)

I never want my clothes to get in the way. As a very "in my body" person, I don't like anything restrictive and won't tolerate anything that causes pain. (Yes, the boots I'm wearing are incredibly comfortable) And I don't want what I'm wearing to stop me from saying an enthusiastic "yes!" to a spontaneous invitation or opportunity. I love clothes that can take me anywhere. Well, anywhere that I'd want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment