Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Desk for Jamie!



The hunt for a desk for Jamie has finally had a positive result! I've been working at a desk with broken drawers for over 5 years. Imagine the Feng Shui on that! During all that time, despite active looking, I have only found 1 desk that provided both Jamie-friendly functionality and beauty. That one was very expensive, so I think it was probably good that it was also too big for my current space. A picture of it has slipped into my wish box for the future though :)


In the meantime, I had gotten to the point of just wanting something that works. And I loved my old desk despite the broken drawers. I've had it since I was 12, so obviously my mom totally rocked at picking something I could grow into. (Thanks, Mom!) It occurred to me that I could simply replace the drawers if I could get some the right height and ta-dah! Ikea came through.


The new drawers are the right size, include file drawers (which I desperately needed) and despite the fact that "beech" was not listed as an available colour on the website or the floor, it showed up in the self-serve department, so it even matches!


So I am a happy and organized little camper with my brand new desk. Yay! Let the energy flow begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment