Saturday, October 15, 2011

Remembering Bob

I don't know about you, but I often will get caught up in a "woe is me" kind of status -- you know, when the vacuum cleaner and the toaster break on consecutive days and you drop your toothbrush in the toilet and find that the milk has gone sour.  All at the same time.  And sometimes this goes on for a couple of weeks.  Joe and I will say to each other, "Well, we haven't had one of these spells for a while. I wonder how long it will last."  And then when there is a day that is stressfree and beautiful and things are going well, I will fail to notice.

Today I awoke on my own (without the alarm clock), pulled on my sweatshirt, and went outside and walked 2-1/2 miles.  After breakfast and shower, I got to thinking about my dear late brother-in-law, Bob, who was fond of singing, "Oh, What A Beautiful Morning!" on some of the least likely days.  Yesterday was his birthday; when he was alive, the four of us used to go out to dinner on the guys' birthdays.

So, perhaps in Bob's honor, I'm humming "OWABM!" today as I realize it really is a beautiful, crisp autumn day and there are all kinds of glorious possibilities for it.

I just took a break from "Good Morning Starshine" which is just about ready to be assembled, and now find that song going through my head.  I never heard Bob sing it, but he prolly would have if he'd known it.


No comments:

Post a Comment