Friday, October 28, 2011

Can this door be saved?



My brother recently gave me an old door from a house that was destined for demolition. I love everything about this door (except for that brass deadbolt!) from it's chippy white paint, frosted scenic window, perfectly patina'd hardware to the ornate mouldings.




Here's a close-up of the scenic window....absolutely gorgeous!




Here's my problem: The window is cracked in several places and was held together with clear packing tape, which has yellowed with time. All of the pieces are still in place, and the breaks appear to be straight, with no shattering.







Does anybody out there know of any miracle products that will seal or repair the glass as close as possible to its original state?






Or am I better off taking the glass out?















The door is very heavy! If I am unable to repair the glass, I guess I have a few options.....chalk board, cork board, mirror, clear glass with a photo or paper behind.

Any other options? What would you do with it? And where in your house would you put it?



No comments:

Post a Comment