Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

It's Staple Gun Inauguration Day! Purchased with some of my birthday money, this little baby will take me far and keep me from asking the church custodians if I can borrow theirs overnight. You can see how happy I am to show this off because I am totally focused on the gun and I don't give a flying fig about the hair in this pic. Obviously. In fact, I'd say I look a little drunk with staple gun happiness here.











Here's what the back of the Hobby Lobby canvases look like. I had spring/summer prints up before, as you can see in this lively floral pattern.

It takes 5/8 of one yard of fabric to do two of these canvases. You just start stapling. The toughest part is negotiating corners--just like learning to drive. Well, at least you don't have to parallel park these.














So I just push the corner in, then overlap each side, staple all together.































And voila! Don't you love to say "voila!"? I don't have that many opportunities to say that. So, you know, this IS a special day. Now what do you think I should do around it? My walls are so bare, and I do love metal artwork ....

No comments:

Post a Comment