Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Voice

Anyone out there watching "The Voice?"

If so, your thoughts, please?

I've been viewing faithfully, but not voting. I was never a big voter for American Idol, either.

I enjoy The Voice, but it lacks something AI has, that is, the spontaneity and feeling that most contestants are not already professionals. You hope that some humble person will finally get his/her break.

The Voice, on the other hand, is showcasing really high caliber talent. Most contestants are already singing for a living, or at least as a lucrative side job. When you're watching, you never have to hide behind a toss pillow because you're afraid the contestant is going to fail horribly and you will not be able to go on with your own life because of sympathizing so much.

And AI lacks one thing that The Voice has: Adam Levine.

Did I mention Jorge bought us tickets to see Maroon 5 at the state fair on August 18th?

My musical taste is very eclectic. I still enjoy Gary Chapman, and I adore Maroon 5.

I'm diggin The Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment