Monday, June 27, 2011

Bag Lady and One More Cow

I'm turning into a Bag Lady again.  This has happened before during the summer, when a particular pattern gets under my skin and I start producing bags like crazy.

My wonderful neighbor is a caterer; she has a stall at an upscale "farmer's market" and every couple of weeks surprises us on a Saturday evening with a care package of some goodies that didn't sell.  One night it was her salmon cakes and they were so good that we now have a nearly weekly trip to the market to buy them.  She's a lovely gal who is known as "Blackberry's godmother," and has an explosion of curly red hair.  When I saw this fabric, with some chefs that resemble her, I had to make her a bag.

Someone connected with school asked me if I'd make her a bag to carry her knitting in exchange for a pair of hand-knit socks.  I'd have to be a fool to reject that offer.  I've never had hand-knit socks.  Then an early childhood teacher who is some kind of an artist got into the deal and she's making me something yet to be revealed in exchange for a big bag to haul things back and forth to school.

I decided to improvise some prairie points on these bags, after a commenter on my last post mentioned them, and I like their look.  The butterflies are for the teacher and the tribal ladies (please click to see how gorgeous they are) are for the knitter.

And I cut out another bag last night!

The postal person brought a cow from all the way across the sea and then some.  Annemiek in The Netherlands make this gorgeous gal, complete with identifying ear button.  And look at the little bitty purse she made!

I know that there are a few people I'm still indebted to, ladies who have sent me cows in exchange for something on my end.  Taking care of my end of this deal is high on my list for this week, and I thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment