Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Diary Day 40: Kitchen Play

Dear summer diary,
Zoey asked to play with her Easy Bake Oven today. We looked up some recipes online & found one for tea cakes. (I LOVE that I don't have to buy those expensive little pouches of food mix!) Zoey made up one big cake for all 4 of us to share. (And those Tupperware accessories are my favorite, by the way!)


While Zoey baked away, Pazely & I chose to make a dessert in preparation for her birthday tomorrow. Though her swimming party is not for another week, we decided we couldn't let her REAL birthday pass by without dessert! I found the recipe HERE via Pinterest. (I'll post the link soon---pinterest servers are down at the moment.) The bottom layer is chocolate chip cookie dough (I bought the tubes!), the next layer is Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies, & the top layer is brownie batter.
I'm afraid I may have baked them too long though. So, I might have to head to the store tomorrow for round 2 of ingredients. (Only because we're having a few friends over to help eat these. And I can't have them chipping away at a rock hard dessert.)


My wax paper stuck to some of the sides of my brownies. That was a bummer. And it kinda smoked real weird in the oven & smelled funky. But the recipe said to line the pan with wax paper---it helps to easily get the brownies out after cutting.
I'm excited to try the brownies, even though I seem to have had such a difficult time with them.
I'll let you know how many pounds I gain when I'm done.
:0)
Oh, real quick: Pazely fell asleep on the couch tonight with her sister, watching a movie. I scooped her up & carried her off to bed. She sort of woke up as I was tucking her in & she said to me, "I'm going to wake up tomorrow & then -BOOM!- I'll be 7!"
Right she is.

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment