Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What I'm Up To

I'm working on two very different projects right now.   This is "Dying of Cute."  The HSTs are all made and each night I trim eighteen of them.  I assemble sixteen into a block and set the other two aside to go into another block sometime later on.

I love the fabrics, and I love the look of the blocks, and most especially I love how they work together to look like alternating rings of pink and gray.  I'm going to love the quilt when it is finished.

But it is not the most challenging or rewarding project.

On another part of the design wall, however, we have what is presently exciting me.  I had bought these batik FQs when I was in Richmond with a plan to make a quilt out of the Kaffe book that I purchased the same day.

And then I got this other idea.  And I figured Kaffe wasn't going to go anyplace.  I had to make some North Wind blocks.  I just had to.  And I'm loving them.  So much.  I make two identical blocks each night.

So that is what I'm up to these evenings.  There's a kind of a rhythm to it, a predictability.  Which is really rather nice, right now.  What are you up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment