Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Farmhouse Table

See anything you like? MEEEEE TOOOOOO!!!!!!!





That ruff and tuff table with the chippy white legs....she was one of my picks. Yay!




Ironically, it didn't look in any better shape once it was in my barn. :( Isn't there some magic "trailer fairy" that fixes up your junk while in transport? If anyone knows of one please share!







The top was a bit rough so I sanded. And sanded. And sanded.



Then I sanded with both hands! Enough already!



Just look at that chippyliscousness though. So worth it!



Kind of reminds me of my own legs...and their imperfections. HA.



On to the staining. I used my all time FAVORITE stain (with sheen included) in Plantation Walnut.


To my dismay this product from a company that rhymes with MINWAX has been discontinued and replaced with a waterbased alternate....which is no where close to the same color. Uhg.





(I would say a few more things about how I really feel about that particular company discontinuing my favorite stain, but I decided to keep my post clean.)



A few coats of satin poly to make it "eat and drink" ready and straight to my kitchen it went.







Taa. Daa.




Linking to:




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


The DIY Show Off


No comments:

Post a Comment