Friday, February 22, 2008

Paper Salon Catch Up

I think my brain is frozen over with the oh so lovely weather we have been experiencing here! It's beyond delightful! Kids off school the past two days, parents unable to drive in to work and countless early morning phone calls which only remind me that I could have slept in a little. Not so fun!

I realized that I have not finished sharing my new projects for Paper Salon's newest CHA release! So let's do that!

First up..the new Rejoice Collection. I'll be the first to admit when I saw it..there was only a paper or two I cared for and the themes weren't really me. Then I realized finding a photo that went might be next to impossible. But then I came across this picture of Scott and I and in Photoshop manipulated the colors and saturation. And found even though I'm wearing a bright red top..it works!




Sorry for the photo. I wanted to show that the flowers were cut out of the paper and then extended beyond the page. I also bent them up a bit for added dimension.



I added lots of little touches using Perfect Pearls, fabric brads and inking. It's definitely one of my favorite layouts!



Another new collection is the Star Spangeled. Very neat designs and glittering on these papers. I altered a wooden flag (found for $2 at Gordman's! Love those finds!) and thought it turned out fun!



And here is a card I made from the same collection using the new alphabet stamps and chipboard too!

So that's it for today. I'm back scrapping again. I've got a card and two layouts done so far. Not bad not bad at all! I'll share some tomorrow! We have 2 movies to watch this weekend..American Gangster and We Own the Night. I'll force myself to stare at Marky Mark's arms!HA

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment