Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Handmade Valentine Gifts

It's tomorrow! Valentine's Day is tomorrow and do you have a special treat made for your special someone? If you need a jumpstart for some ideas..I've got the perfect solution!



I recently wrote an article for ScrapJazz about just that. I worked my rear off putting together lots of ideas and I hope you'll take time out to go read it!



http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Themes/Holidays/Valentines_Day/1562.php



And to share on the the ideas that was my personal favorite and the gift I'm giving me! It's my latest favorite using one of my idea products to work with..felt!LOL Seriously felt is becoming tops on my list of supplies to reach for. And I think this button tree shows why it is!




I used Bo Bunny's new Smitten line. It's beautiful and all the papers are shimmery making for a beautiful look. I used Autumn Leaves clear button, punched out the heart design from the paper and pinned them onto the felt wrapped stryofoam cone.(another thing I use ALOT of!). Then I added the wood dowel which I hot glued into a vintage wooden thread spool. How cool is that!




For the card I used the beautiful papers, a Heidi Swapp heart, Jenni Bowlin journaling card, Paper Salon Stamps and of course Bo Bunny's Smitten line.




So that's it for today..I'm feeling much better. Still have an oh so lovely cough and the urge to drink nonstop to quench an unquenchable thirst. But I'll gladly take that over how I was just yesterday and the prior days!

If you make something though for your sweetie..share with me. You never know..I might have a little goodie giveaway tomorrow for those who do!

Julia (dry as a camel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment