Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Merry Christmas Eve to you!

We're busy cooking, cleaning, finishing up Christmas gifts and of course watching Elf while we do this! It sets the mood and we all take turns reciting the lines we know. Because it is after all Elf!

I promised I'd share some Christmas ornaments and well here you go.



This first one uses Bo Bunny papers, a large circle punch, styrofoam ball and pins. I inked the paper edges and just started randomly pinning around the middle and then filling in after that.








Here's another one using the Bo Bunny Homespun Holiday line. I'll confess..I really like making this style ornament. For the past two years I've been Mod Podging the circles onto Paper Mache balls making them nice and smooth. This is such a great change of look! And what's neat..even though you can't see it..on the very top of the ornament the circle I used has the number 25..kind of cool!






For the next one I used Paper Salon Ornamental Holiday papers, styrofoam ball and pins once again. Instead though of nice smooth circle I crumpled them all up. I will say the photo just does not do it justice. It seems the camera likes to grab onto the little bits of white showing underneath. In person you don't see them and honestly I think it's my favorite!




For the next ornament I used a glass ornament and added a Paper Salon rub on to the front. Then I punched lots of circles from the matching papers and added in glitter and sequins. I painted the ornament top piece as well.





This one I went to town with small colored buttons. I've wanted to do this for a long time. I used a smaller styrofoam ball, lots of buttons, colored pins and now made my daughter's favorite ornament.





and even out of focus I still think it looks great!


So that's it for now! I have a few more things to share once I stop and snap a photo! I'm off to make the dessert for tomorrow and finish cleaning before we head out later to my Grandparents for our family gathering!!

Merry Merry to you!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment