Sunday, January 1, 2012

'12

Happy New Year!
The Mr. called it a night early.
And the girls BARELY made it.
But I kept them alert by sharing some really fun drawing prompts from my new book, Creative Doodling & Beyond. (Purchased at a Barnes & Noble, on an overnight trip we took to Cheyenne a few days ago.) We doodled for almost 2 hours straight! We also watched movies on the sleeper sofa & played one of my favorite games: Memory Match. (The old school version.) I kept talking to them really loudly to keep them awake, & jiggling them every once in a while to make sure they hadn't faded on me. Eventually, we cuddled on the couch & watched TV. When the clock struck midnight, we drank sparkling grape juice from fancy glasses.
Then, I tucked my sleepy children into bed while they muttered, "I'm so tired mama."
I was happy to have their company.


No comments:

Post a Comment