Saturday, January 28, 2012

Elijah Boo, This One's For You

Weeks ago, I unearthed a collection of 6" HSTs in CW colors. I had no idea what I had planned to do with them at the time that I made them. I waited a little while and when no remembrance came, I started putting them together and liked what I was seeing.

My youngest grandson takes a nap at "school" during the afternoon, and I asked my dear DIL if he needed a quilt for those naps. With her affirmative response, I added a couple of carefully chosen borders and took the quilt off to Mary Ellen to machine for me.



It came home on Wednesday and the next night I made and machined on the binding. The past two nights while watching "West Wing" on Netflix, I got the hand-stitching finished. 

This is a photo of the back; if you click to make it larger, you can see the beautiful leaves motif that Mary Ellen quilted. I don't think Eli will care. But I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment