Monday, January 30, 2012

Quilt with Legs and Progress on Stars in Their Eyes

Don't you just love "Downton Abbey"? I sure do. I had it on last night while I was binding this little quilt and I was enjoying it so much that from time to time I'd forget to stitch!

These are my Bonnie-Hunter-prescribed bowtie blocks all made into a quilt for a dear little girl. Andrew and Amy have friend who have a daughter about six months younger than Eli is. And nobody in their family makes quilts! I'd made a little quilt for Claire when she was born and I'm certain she is too big for it now. So when I made that CW HST quilt for Eli, I also made this one for Claire. I'm going to the Mailboxes place tomorrow to ship them off.

Progress continues on Stars in Their Eyes. Here are six of the ten star blocks finished. I haven't started the alternate blocks yet, but I imagine they will go fairly quickly. Not that I'm in a hurry. I've thoroughly enjoyed taking my time making these blocks, even to the degree that the small blocks in the borders of each star block do not repeat the fabrics in the individual block. I don't know why this matters to me, but it does. These are the biggest blocks I've ever made (and the bowties above the smallest, actually). They are 16" finished. So far -- knock on wood -- my points are all good! Unusual for me. Must have something to do with (a) pressing most seams open instead of to The Dark Side, (b) pinning pinning pinning, and (c) stitching slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment