Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Perfect August Morning

Nature provided a gorgeous August day today: clear blue skies, 23 degrees and sunny. Delicious. I decided to follow her lead and make the most of this precious morning. For the first time ever, I took myself out to breakfast. I picked up a paper, brought an inspiring book and my journal and enjoyed. As I sat there writing snippets of potential articles, ideas to pursue, exercises for workshops I was overcome with the joy that this is what a work morning can look like.

When I left I visited a tree that I met this spring. This was the first time I saw her in all her fine greenery. She's beautiful. I slipped underneath her boughs and felt embraced. I kissed her rough bark with love and gratitude.

I walked down to the beach and just plunked myself down on the pebbly shore.

There's no stress in that squint. I'm just responding to the sun. This was such a glorious, relaxing, inspirational, fulfilling morning, that I left behind a little creation to express my gratitude to the Universe. With days like today, I know she's listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment