Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wall Art

Well it's up! And Scott keeps looking at it remarking to me how much he likes it. Which doesn't happen often you know!LOL I'm very happy with it so I thought I'd share some pics with you. And I should say I was inpsired by some art in the Grandin Road Catalog. They sell their set of nine for $299! A bit too much for me! And the colors were a bit darker than I wanted.






I used 12 by 12 prestretched canvas that were about 7/8 inch deep. I wanted them to stand out off the wall as the catalogs ones did and look like "art". I painted all the sides actually in the color of the family room. Which is a shade darker then this room. Then I coated with Mod Podge and added the papers(Bo Bunny, Basic Grey and Fancy Pants) that had been inked and stamped. I then pressed them with heavy books and magazines. What happened on a few were little wrinkles and such. I used those to my benefit and recreased those back down and then heavily inked over the creases to make them looked more aged and "dirty". I like that look. The bottom buttery color one I used Bo Bunny's new stamps on the corners. Beautiful!!




And so you can see how it works perfectly with the room..here's a view looking into the room.



I'm going to add now some metal art off to the sides of the wall..here's one that will go up..need one more.




Also..just a note for those non-scrappers/crafters that yes..I am offering my services to makes these for you too! I can work with you on colors and patterns and size/quantity. Just email me if you're interested.

One last thing..Pink Paislee! Many of you know this is a new scrapbook company whose products are adorable! I was fortunate to be able to interview Rebecca and Holly for an article I wrote for ScrapJazz. Here's a link to go read about these two fun gals and the amazing company they've begun..

http://scrapjazz.com/topics/Miscellaneous/Interviews/1638.php

They have quite a HUGE following already including myself! If you need help finding their products..drop me a line and I'd be happy to give you some spots!

Happy Thursday!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment