Monday, April 14, 2008

Family Room..Finished!!

Yes! It's done and it feels so much better now. It's funny as before with the yellow walls I was all about the walls and furniture. Felt like they both needed to go. However now with the walls toned down, the new curtains up..the furniture feels new..or maybe that it feels like it finally works in the room. Regardless...now I don't feel such a push to change that part..even if I could!LOL I still would like to go with a darker finish for the tables and such..but this works..for a bit!HA







The room just feels better..everything seems to click in place now. And to tie it all in I found this amazing artwork at none other than Marshall's. I went in with this idea in my head..knew I wanted metal, color, with black and browns and look at this..




It's perfect and hanging on the wall that when you come in the front door..it's what you see ahead of you. I have to say I really lucked out with it. And the neat thing is that it ties the colors from the family room in with the kitchen. It all finally works. And best..Scott has repeatedly..yes many times..told me what a great job I did and how much he likes it! WOW! That is definitely praise indeed.


We have a bit of touch up to do in the kitchen where we took the big curtain brackets down and then we can hang the bamboo sliders I go for the patio door. I'll share when they are done.


Other than painting I've been busy working on some cards and such for submission calls. I made myself promise to get something in for every call(not every categoryLOL) that Paper Crafts puts out. So here's one of the cards I made that I thought for sure was a shoe in..maybe someone else will now think so!





I used the new Basic Grey Sugared line..just beautiful, Mermaid Tears flower and a $1stamp from Michael's. (love those!!)

Lastly..be sure to keep popping in at the Pursuit of Craftyness blog. Link on the left. We'll be adding updates and offering up lots more inspiration! We're so excited over the response so far! If you haven't been..please take time to go!

Until next time..

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment