Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's Your 5-a-Day?


Jennifer Lee tagged me in a meme called “five-a-day” which was started to encourage mental well-being.

Here are my top five things to do every day (or every week) to stay mentally healthy:
  • Journal: I find that there is so much going on in my busy brain that a daily release of it onto the page really helps me find calm and clarity. It's especially good for me to do this before bed.
  • Creative Time: Whether it's writing in this blog, making a collage, dancing or developing a workshop, having creative time connects me to my spirit, a necessity for my mental health.
  • Honey Time: Spending time with Justin is a sure-fire way to ramp up my joy and make me feel fine, whatever's going on that day.
  • Embracing the Day: When I'm so busy, tired or stressed that I'm zooming through life without experiencing it, that's a recipe for disaster. For me, connecting with the day through my senses - enjoying the smell of my shampoo, tasting that first hot sip of coffee, curling up between soft bamboo sheets - brings me to the present and connects me to life.
  • Going for a Walk: Especially because I work from home, I find it opens me up to go out for a walk. Taking in the world around me and moving my body releases the busy brain and make room for inspiration.

You know, I thought this would be a positive and fun meme to do but as I wrote it, I discovered it's more than that. These are truly 5 things that I can easily do every day to contribute to my wellness and my joy. This feels like an invitation! Let me spread that invite around.

I tag:

  1. Danette
  2. Sunny
  3. Serena
  4. Tori
  5. You!

No comments:

Post a Comment