Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Inspired by Mr. Mussorgsky

"Pictures at an Exhibition" is nearly finished!  All it needs is borders, and I bought the fabric this afternoon.  Tonight I finished putting the rows together, a tedious but rewarding process, getting the verticals all aligned.  Pin upon pin upon pin was the approach.

Oh, I cannot tell you how smitten I am with this quilt!  And, as so many have pointed out, it is so not me!  About as far away from William Morris, I think, as one can get.

I have an appointment with my gourmet machine quilter and will put it in the mail to her at the beginning of the week.  

As often is the case, you can click on the photo once or even twice to make it large enough to view the pictures.  Do not, however, expect to find Baba-Yaga or the great gate of Kiev, but instead some other little treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment