Friday, January 1, 2010

Just Chillin' & Dribblin' in the New Year

I looked in the bathroom mirror this morning and my first thought was, "I sure look one year older."

Hello, 2010.

It was a rough night.

While most of you were drinking fizzy fun drinks, I was doing my best to down 64 ozs of cranberry juice. Yes, another infection is upon me, third one in as many months.

So I never saw the ball drop or got to wish anyone HNY. I missed a party I was going to, and I have no idea if my teenaged girl made it home OK last night, although I'm pretty sure Jorge would've let me know by now if otherwise. This is pathetic.

At least I have my little laptop that allows me to reach out to you and complain from my sick bed. How space age-y is that??

Hope you are having a great first day of Twenty-ten. I hold my glass of cranberry juice up and say, "God bless the bloggers, who encourage each other, listen to each other complain, help each other choose home decor, laugh about our off-the-beaten-path thoughts, cry with us when our kids leave home, pray for us when we ask, and most of all share in CS Lewis' thought:

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one."

Thank you for sharing that you occasionally wear mismatched shoes and hide desserts for yourself. I'm not the only one! You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment