Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We live!!

That is to say we survived the 4 teenagers being here for a sleepover. I don't know if it's really a sleepover if they don't even close their eyes until 6am just to be back up at 9am!! WOW I gave in about 1am..I just couldn't last any longer. Who knows what all happened after my eyes shut!LOL I can only imagine!!



This year for the party I made the cake. Mind you a very very simple cake! Connor picked what kind and the shape. After I made it Parker had to constantly remind me that it looked like a chocolate donut.

In fact he kept calling it a donut cake and asked me where the real cake was!LOL Despite it looking like a donut..it tasted amazing! And hey...what's wrong with a donut?!

Since Con's birthday I've moved onto getting ready for the annual garage sale. Each year I'm absolutely AMAZED at the amount of things I find to sell. Some things have been around a long time. Always lots of clothes, scrapbook supplies and more Boyd's Bears as I am really paring down my collection of them. I just feel that less is more! So given I am prepping for the sale tomorrow..my basement is a MESS! My upstairs a mess! I hate this part of it. It feels so good to get it outside and sold or off to charity. The only things I bring back in the house are scrapbook supplies. The rest..no way! Once out.. it stays out. Hoping for another successful year!

We're also busy prepping for Haley's birthday next week, her party and her dance recital. I always feel that until all these events are done..summer doesn't really start.

I did find time to get a layout done using Bo Bunny's cute Beachy Keen line. I used pictures of Parker and myself at a friend's pool last summer. We got to pool sit and well we practically moved into their pool!



The circles with cute designs are punched out from the print paper. My journaling pulls out from behind the photo and I used the new Bo Bunny stamps for those pretty Hibiscus flowers you see.

That's it for today..check in tomorrow at the Pursuit of Craftyness for a quick post by me!

Until then,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment