Friday, September 23, 2005

Phone Call


Isn't it amazing how a simple phone call can make you feel so good!! I had just that experience last night. I was sitting watching ER..it was about 9:30pm and the phone rang. My first thought was that is was most likely a wrong number as most don't call me then. But when I looked at Caller ID it showed Unknown Name Unknown Number.

Now when that shows on Caller ID...Scott's and my experience is that it is one of two calls..1)Blockbuster or 2)Sharon and Mark in Scotland.

So I am thinking and rapidly calculating the time that if it's Sharon..oh my gosh..it's 3:30am for her! Couldn't be her..no way!

Well, guess who it was??? Yep..Sharon! I was so suprised at first I think I stuttered something silly about what on earth was she doing up at that time. But as it turned out..she couldn't sleep and was thinking about me and wanted to call and talk to me. I can't even put into words how special I felt that she would call me!! And let alone be thinking of me during the night and want to chat!

All I can say is that even with all this modern technology..I am so grateful for the simple convenience of the phone that Alexander Graham Bell invented all those years ago!

Thanks to him I got to speak to my best friend who is yes...3,972 miles away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great phone call!

**And a side bit of trivia fact for you..A pioneer in the field of telecommunications, Alexander Graham Bell was born in 1847 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Guess where Mark and Sharon live? Yep..you guessed it..now we all learned something new!

Have a good one,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment