My new blog friends, Madeline & Breanna, are both teenagers, recently starting out in the blog world, & I think they're a hoot.
Their recent blog post is about blog comments. Please visit it HERE & give them LOTS of love!
Madeline says she looks up to me as a blogging mother. {How sweet is that?!} I love to think I've taken those two creative girlies under my blogging wing. When it comes to starting out blogging, it can be a lonely world. My advice to Madeline & Breanna (& to any blogger) has been this: be yourself & you'll find your following.
On their theme of 'commenting', I do remember months of blogging, with each click of the keyboard echoing off the walls of the www. It was painful some days. But I kept blogging because I liked writing. And I liked blabbing about random stuff & pretending it was important. And finally, when I got my first comment, I was left speechless for a moment. I blog for myself, but it sure feels good to get affirmation along the way. A comment can shoot me from here to the stars. A comment fuels the fire. Let's see, how cheesy can I get? Oh, I know: A comment is a warm embrace. Cheesy, but true.
Though I'm definitely guilty of hopping blogs in silence, lately I've been really trying to make an effort to leave a comment on the blogs I visit & peek at, even if just a "Howdy!" or a "You're awesome."
When you leave me a comment, just picture my silly goofy grin & then picture me giving you a giant squeezie hug.
♥
♥

No comments:
Post a Comment